Maintenance and Service Support Apprentice – Feock, nr Truro
Client: King Harry Steam Ferry Company Ltd.
Apprenticeship Type: Improving Operational Performance
Status: Live vacancy
Salary: £4.00 per hour
Location: Feock, near Truro
Hours: 40 hours per week on a rota system to include weekends
Client website: www.octopus-falmouth.co.uk
The right apprenticeship applicant will provide first class customer service to act as first point of contact for customers, ensuring all queries are dealt with in an efficient manner and creating positive relationships with customers. You will also require a proactive approach to practical maintenance of the ferry and its systems.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing a first class customer service to act as first point of contact for customers; ensuring all queries are dealt with in an efficient manner and creating strong relationship with the customers.
- Know operational and emergency procedures including checks of on board safety kit.
- Learn all of the fare taking procedures using the on board ticket machines and credit card terminals.
- Plan, prepare and undertake routine maintenance to agreed timescales. This includes engine servicing, greasing and ferry cosmetics (chipping and painting)
- Assist with any emergency repairs to equipment / machinery.
- Boat outboard maintenance to manufacturer’s specification
- General ferry housekeeping including sweeping / washing decks, using broom, brushes, mops, and fire hose.
- Learn to drive the ferry in a safe and mechanically sympathetic manner.
- Posted: April 18, 2017
- By: Naomi Morant
- Categories: Vacancy
- Tags: king harry ferry, truro apprenticeship
Previous post: « Business Administration Apprentice – Falmouth
Next post: Administration and Marketing Apprentice – Newquay »
An opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service Apprentice to undertake a varied role at Furniture World providing an outstanding level of service where you will be mentored and trained to become an integral team member.
An opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service and Sales Apprentice to undertake a varied role at Furniture World providing an outstanding level of service where you will be mentored and trained to become an integral team member.
Read more and apply...