Do you want to gain skills and recognised qualifications in a work environment, and get paid for it? Register with the Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency and we’ll help you:
- Find your perfect job and jump start your career
- Earn while you learn
- Receive training, and get a wage
- Boost your prospects
- Get experience in your chosen field
- Gain skills and recognised qualifications
- Learn from the professionals
- Receive specialist training advice and regular workplace visits
Apprenticeships are a way of learning and gaining skills in both a classroom based environment and first-hand, whilst experiencing the world of work. By enrolling on an apprenticeship you can be employed by a real employer and earn a real salary at the same time.
Here at the Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency we do things a little differently; tell us where you’d like to be, and what you’d like to do and we will work hard to get you there. We have our specialist team of Skills Brokers on-hand who are committed to finding you the right role, and the right employer. They are dedicated to supporting you throughout the process, with expert advice and guidance every step of the way. We can offer advice on CV writing and interview techniques to make you an attractive candidate to employers.
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job with structured on and off-the-job training. Apprenticeships provide an opportunity for apprentices to earn a wage while working towards accredited qualifications developed by industry.
What is the Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency?
The Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency is a not-for-profit company set up to operate as an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) in England. The Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency will work on behalf of apprentices and employers to match them up with suitable apprenticeship opportunities.
How will the Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency support me during my apprenticeship?
The Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency will support you to find and apply for vacancies that will help you start your career. As a Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency apprentice you may be employed by us if requested by the employer.
How long does an apprenticeship last?
An apprenticeship can last between 12 months and 4 years depending on the qualification, your prior experience of apprenticeships and the nature of the host employer’s business.
How much will I get paid as an apprentice?
This will depend on many factors such as your age, previous experience, type of apprenticeship and the nature of your host employer’s business. National minimum wage is currently £3.40 per hour if you are 16 to 18 or 19+ and in the first year of your apprenticeship. Many apprenticeships pay more than this.
Are there any fees associated with the apprenticeship training itself?
No, your apprenticeship training will be funded by the Government and/or your host employer.
What does an apprenticeship involve?
- A knowledge based element
- A competence based element
- 3 Skills (English, maths and ICT) * depending on your prior qualifications you will be offered support to achieve the next level of qualification.
& Animal Care
- Animal Care
- Environmental Conservation
- Game & Wildlife Management
- Land-based Engineering
- Trees & Timber
- Veterinary Nursing
Arts, Media & Publishing
- Community Arts
- Costume & Wardrobe
- Creative & Digital Media
- Cultural & Heritage Venue Operations
- Live Events & Promotion
- Music Business
- Photo Imaging
- Set Crafts
- Technical Theatre
- Business & Administration
- Contact Centre Operations
- Customer Service
- Professional Services
- Providing Financial Advice
- Providing Financial Services
- Providing Mortgage Advice
- Sales & Telesales
- Volunteer Management
& the Built Environment
- Building Energy Management Systems
- Construction Building
- Construction Civil Engineering
- Construction Specialist
- Construction Technical Supervision & Management
- Electrical & Electronic Servicing
- Plumbing & Heating
- Learning & Development
- Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
Engineering & Manufacturing
- Advanced Engineering Construction
- Building Products Occupations
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Bus & Coach Engineering & Maintenance
- Ceramics Manufacturing
- Production of Coatings
- Combined Manufacturing Processes
- Domestic Heating
- Driving Goods Vehicles
- Engineering Construction
- Engineering Manufacture (Craft & Technician)
- Engineering Manufacture (Operator & Semi Skilled)
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Extractives & Mineral Processing Occupations
- Food & Drink
- Furniture, Furnishing & Interiors
- The Gas Industry
- Glass Industry
- Heating & Ventilation
Health, Public Services
- Children & Young People’s Workforce
- Court, Tribunal & Prosecution Administration
- Custodial Care
- Emergency Fire Service Operations
- Employment Related Services
- Health – Allied Health Profession Support
- Health – Blood Donor Support
- Health – Clinical Health Care Support
- Health – Dental Nursing
- Health – Emergency Care Assistance
- Health & Social Care
- Health – Healthcare Support Services
- Health – Maternity & Pediatric Support
- Health – Optical Retail
- Health – Pathology Support
- Health – Perioperative Support
- Health – Pharmacy Services
- HM Forces
- Libraries, Archives, Records & Information Management Services
- Local Taxation & Benefits
- Pharmacy Technicians & Assistants
- Providing Security Services
- Security Systems
- Witness Care
- Youth Work
Information & Communication Technology
- IT Application Specialist
- IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Leisure, Travel &
- Activity Leadership
- Aviation Operations on the Ground
- Cabin Crew
- Instructing Exercise & Fitness
- Leisure Management
- Leisure Operations
- Outdoor Programmes
- Spectator Safety
- Sports Development
- Sporting Excellence
- Travel Services
Retail & Commercial Enterprise
- Beauty Therapy
- Cleaning & Environmental Services
- Commercial Moving
- Drinks Dispense Systems
- Facilities Management
- Fashion & Textiles
- Hospitality & Catering
- International Trade and Logistics
- Licensed Hospitality
- Logistics Operations Management
- Mail Service
- Nail Service
- Property Services
- Purchasing & Supply Management
- Spa Therapy
- Vehicle Sales
- Warehousing & Storage
Working as a Commis Chef within the cafe, is a great way of getting started in a kitchen. Training to become a Commis Chef may be the most junior culinary role in the kitchen but it provides a means of learning a range of key skills on the job. Commis Chefs prepare food & carry out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef.
The successful applicant should be a bright and ambitious individual who will help provide business administrative support to the team in our busy communications agency. You will receive mentoring and support during the apprenticeship and there is potential for full time employment should the apprenticeship go well.
Read more and apply...
This role will suit an individual who is good with people and is willing to be part of a small and friendly team. The successful candidate will also strive to show commitment to learning how to undertake their duties efficiently and provide excellent customer service.
Read more and apply...